Birth and Upbringing
Sheikh Dr. Riad Hassan Bazou, born in Beirut in 1965. He grew up there, with a humble family that ensured his proper and committed religious upbringing from a young age, nurturing the values of faith and urging adherence to them. He lost his father in childhood, but this did not stand in the way of his ambitions, but rather served as an incentive for him to continue any committed father wants for his his son to be, a role model.
He met his Sheikh, teacher and mentor, Sheikh Dr. Rajab Deeb (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) at the age of fourteen. Sheikh Deeb guided him through the path to Allah and accepted his pledge to maintain Allah’s invocation (Zikr) and to persevere on the way of calling unto Allah (Da’wah). In addition to his academic studies, Sheikh Bazou studied Islamic law (Shariaa), and the Almighty Allah honored him with learning from the most accomplished Islamic scholars of the age. He ascended the pulpit of preaching before even reaching the age of seventeen, becoming one of the youngest preachers in Beirut. He then continued his religious studies and went through the da'wa work with perseverance, raising the banner of "My God, You are my sole intent, Your pleasure is all what I require", beseeching the Almighty Lord for acceptance.
- Baccalaureate degree in Sharia with distinction from Al-Ansar Institute,Damascus in 1981.
- Bachelor's degree in Arabic language and Islamic Studies with distincion, Islamic Da'wa College, Damascus in 1986.
- Diploma in Islamic Studies from the College of Imam Ouzai – Beirut, 1987, which was then located in the Arab University of Beirut campus at that time.
- Master’s Degree in Shariaa and Law, with Distinction, American International University, College of Sharia and Law, Saudi Arabia, 2007.
- Ph.D. in Shariaa and Law with Distinction with honors, American International University, London, UK, January 2011.
Training qualifications received directly from Islamic scholars
As the Lebanese Civil war grew more intense in 1977, he left with his mother and siblings to Aleppo, where he sat with Islamic scholars despite his young age. The scholars he received education from include Sheikh Abdullah Siraj Ed Dine and Sheikh Adeeb Hassoun (May Allah bestow His mercy upon them).
- He received a Diploma in the recitation of the Koran from Sheikh Ibrahim alKharqi (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) and from Sheikh Ahmed Bakir who received it in turn from Sheikh Mohammed Kalal (May Allah bestow His mercy upon them), as transmitted by Hafs who narrated from Assem, in 1979 at the age of 14; then he returned back to Beirut where he met his Sheikh, teacher and mentor, Sheikh Dr. Rajab Deeb (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him)who guided him through the path to Allah and accepted his pledge to maintain Allah’s invocation (Zikr) and to persevere on the way of calling unto Allah (Da’wah).
- He recited Koran with Sheikh Abdul Salam Salem (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) during the period 1980-1982.
- He recited Arabic language in the 1980s with Sheikh Ahmed Al-Ajouz (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him).
- In the 1980s, he also read with Sheikh Qassim al-Shamaa al-Rifai the Shafi'i Fikh (jurisprudence) (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him).
- In the early 1990s, he read the science of Tawhid with the Judge Sheikh Zakaria Ghandour (May Allah bless him).
- He also read the Hadith in the early of 1990s with Sheikh Dr. Marwan Qabbani (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him).
- A license in the Islamic knowledge of the heart and spirit, in the sciences of the Holy Koran and the Prophetic Sunnah, and a permit to call unto the Most Exalted Allah and to recite the Khatm Sharif, from his Sheikh and mentor, the Arif B’illah (one with direct spiritual knowledge of Allah), the Sheikh of the Naqshbandi path in the Levant, his honor Sheikh Dr. Rajab Deeb (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in 12 Ramadan 1420 A.H. (1999 A.D.);
- License in in the six books of Hadith (Traditions) of the Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon him) from Sheikh Ahmed Jaber Jabran Makki Yemeni (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him), given in Mecca in 1420 AH-(1999 A.D.).
- License in Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), according to the Shafi'i, Hanafi, Maliki and Hanbali schools, from Sheikh Ahmed Jaber Jubran Al Makki Al Yemeni (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in Mecca, also in 1420 AH-(1999 A.D.).
- A special license in the Prophet's Hadith from Sheikh Mohammed Al-Alawi alMaliki al-Hasani (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in 1421 Hijri-2000.
- Licenses taken, by way of seeking blessing, in the Refai, Qadiri and Shazili paths from various Sheikhs in Lebanon, Syria and Turkey, 2010 and a license in 2012, from Sheikh Said al-Kahil (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) that authorized to uphold gatherings for prayers upon the Prophet(Peace be upon him).
- License in Hadith and its Sciences from his mentor, Sheikh Dr. Rajab Deeb (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him), received in 2013 from the educator Sheikh Mahmoud Al Rankousi (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him), who in turn received it from his Sheikhs.
- A license taken in all the writings of the master scholar Sheikh Yusuf al-Nabhani (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) from Sheikh Fateh al-Aish (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) who in turn received his license from Sharif Abdul Rahman al-Kattani (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) - The disciple of Sheikh Yusuf al-Nabhani, May Allah bestow His mercy upon him, in 1434 Hijri2013.
- And a license in the summary of the Azkar of day and night from Habib Omar bin Hafeez (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in 2014.
- A license taken of all sciences from Salem bin Abdullah al-Shateri in 2014.
- And a license from the renowned scholar Sheikh Mohammad Ibrahim AbdulBa’ith Al-Husseini Al-Kattani (May Allah bless him) in all the licenses received by the scholar from his Sheikhs - Alexandria - 2015.
- A license from of Sheikh Ibrahim Khalifa al-Hasai (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in all the licenses received by the Sheikh from his sheikhs - Istanbul - 2015.
- And a license from the former Grand Mufti of Egypt, Sheikh Ali Jumaa (May Allah bless him), in all the licenses received by the Sheikh from his sheikhs through a high lineage of transmission (Sanad) in 2015.
- A license from The Sultan of Scholars in India, Sheikh Abu Bakar Ahmed (May Allah bless him, and it is worth noting that he is now the Grand Mufti of India), in all the licenses received by the Sheikh from his sheikhs in the Indian state of Kirila in early 2016.
- A license from the Tunisian teacher Abdel Fattah Moro (May Allah bless him) in all the licenses received by the Sheikh from his sheikhs in early 2016.
- A general license from the Sheikh of Hadith in Dar al-Hadith Al-Zaytounia, Tunisia, Farid Ben Ali Al-Baji al-Hassani in all his narrations and all that was approved by his Sheikhs in 2016.
- License in Hadith from the elderly scholar Sheikh Ahmed Fouad Al-Agha (age 130 years) student of the Sheikh Badr al-Din al-Hassani (May Allah bestow His mercy upon him) in 2016.
- Imam and preacher in Mosques in Beirut since 1982.
- Chairman of the Da'wa Council of the Islamic Fotowa Association - Lebanon
- Founder and guide of the Association and Center "Ahbab Al-Huda" in Turkey - Mersin.
- One of the founders of the "Sufi Association" of the Councils of The Prophet (peace be upon him) in Lebanon, along with his brother in Islam, the director of Azhar Lebanon and its descendants, Sheikh Yusuf Idris (May God bless him).
- Elected as a founding member of the World Sufism Federation in Algeria, which includes 50 countries, and then vice president of the World Sufism Federation in 2016
- General Supervisor of the Academy of Religious Education in Beirut in 2017.
- Founding member of the Permanent Office of the World Islamic Forum for Sufism in Jakarta, Indonesia 2018.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of one of the satellite channels.
- Religious guide for the campaign "Ar-Riyadh for Hajj and Umrah" Beirut - Lebanon.
- Koran reciter in the satellite channel "Al Majd”.
- The founder of the Councils of Zikr and Prayer on the Prophet (PBUH) in Beirut, along with his brother in Islam his honor Mufti Sheikh Oussama Al-Rifai (May Allah bless him) and a number of blessed brothers.
International seminars, conferences and Daawa meetings
Sheikh Riad Bazo participated in many Islamic conferences and seminars throughout the Islamic world since 1995, in countries and cities that include: Jordan, UAE, China, London, Istanbul, Saudi Arabia, Maghreb, Grozny (Chechnya), Yemen, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Australia, Britain and Germany.
- He has a long experience in dialogues and debates with non-Muslim clerics and represented the Grand Mufti of the Republic of Lebanon on many occasions inside and Lebanon and outside it. This has led to twenty-five people embracing Islam since 1992, most notable a priest and a monk.
- He has represented the Grand Mufti of the Lebanese Republic on many occasions inside and outside Lebanon.
- Seminars and meetings in Mecca, Medina and Jeddah since 1995.
- Participated in the conference "Sectarian Rapprochement between Sunnis and
- Shiites" held in Tehran in 2001, in addition to participating in many debates and seminars on Iranian satellite channels on "globalization" and "the causes of the decline of the nation".
- Represented Lebanon at the 2008 Amman-Jordan session: "Explaining the Contents of the Amman Message" in 2008.
- Jordan trips: At the invitation of the management of one of the satellite channels, and at the invitation of a group of its righteous scientists, these trips included many seminars, lectures, Friday sermons and the opening of sharia institutes since 2009.
- United Arab Emirates trips: included many lectures and meetings, in addition to participating in several conferences and advocacy meetings since 2009.
- China Trip: At the invitation of "Guangzhou" to meet Arab and Muslim communities, including lectures and prayer meetings in 2010.
- Participated in international Sufi conferences in Lebanon and the Muslim world since 2010.
- Participated in the conferences of the Permanent Authority for the Support of Jerusalem and Palestine between 2010 and 2015.
- London Trip: To discuss his doctoral thesis at the American International University, he was interspersed with numerous prayer meetings with the Arab Muslim community, and granted the pulpit to be an imam and preacher at the London Mosque on Fridays in 2011.
- Istanbul trip: At the invitation of a group of its righteous scholars, it was interspersed with several meetings in addition to giving lectures to students of Islamic sciences and others since 2011, in addition to meeting an invitation from he Dar al Iftaa in Konya and the Arab community to give a lecture in the conference hall in addition to recording Ramadan series aired on Arab satellite channels in Turkey in 2016.
- Algeria and Morocco trips: To participate in The Holy Month of Ramadan and some international conferences and meetings and to record some television episodes and scientific seminars, that have been broadcast on satellite television there since 2013.
- Grozny-Chechnya tours (one of the republics of the Russian Federation): to participate in many conferences, interspersed with prayer meetings and the opening of a mosque and institute for the memorization of the Holy Quran since 2014.
- Yemen trip: To participate in the Gathering of Preachers in Trim and was interspersed with prayer meetings in 2014.
- Egypt trip: To participate in many advocacy meetings since 2015.
- India Trip: To participate in the World Forum of Preachers, interspersed with lectures on students of Islamic science in more than one university in several regions, in addition to participating in the opening of an Islamic satellite channel there in early 2016.
- Indonesia-Central Java tours: to participate in international conferences and lecture students of forensic science since 2016.
- Kenya Trip: To participate in the grand advocacy forum as part of the commemoration of the prophet's birth, including many lectures to train preachers within the legitimate role there and field visits to some remote Kenyan villages at the end of 2016.
- Sydney-Australia trip: Interspersed with numerous meetings and scholarly councils, he was handed the pulpit to be an imam and preacher in its most important mosques on Fridays 2018.
Programs broadcast on satellite channels
- Series "Attributes of the Saints"
- Series "This is how we raise our generations."
- Series "Al Khulafaa Al Rachidin".
- Series "Names of Allah Almighty".
- Series "Clock Markers".
- Series "Journey to the Afterlife".
- Series "With the Followers of the Prophet’s Companions".
- Series "Early Imams of Jurisprudence"
- The Qur'an's interpretation series, which continues to be broadcasted on the Prophet's Legacy satellite channel and others.
- Program "Deliberating the verses of the Furqan (Koran) and understanding them".
- Program "Meeting with an Imam", which was broadcasted on the satellite channel "Birds of Paradise."
- Program "You have a most sublime moral character" with his brother in Islam Samahat Mufti Oussama al-Rifai (May Allah bless him).
- Program "Methodologies of Dawah" program with his brother in Islam, Grand Mufti Oussama Al-Rifai (May Allah bless him).
- Program "That you may dwell in tranquility with her ", which was broadcasted on the "Dar Al Iman" satellite channel.
- Organized and attended Islamic dialogue meetings and several doctrinal debates on many satellite channels inside and outside Lebanon, in addition to his participation in many programs and interviews on official and private radio.
- "Alcohol and its damage / rooting treatment in Islamic law after the failure of positive laws": This book is a doctoral dissertation obtained of the doctorate degree in Shariaa and law, with distinction and honors from the universities of London - Britain. This book has been translated into English.
- Methodologies for the interpretation of the Qur'an for secondary school students at the Ikhaa School.
- Wrote a summary in the science of the term hadith for students of Islamic science.
It is a library rich in Dawah heritage, it contains more than seven thousand audio-visual lectures in various topics and research issues in the fields of jurisprudence, interpretation, doctrine, Seerah (the Prophet’s biography), moral education and the purification of the soul .. And around one thousand audio-visual Friday sermons, inside Lebanon and outside it. In addition to a full recital of the Holy Quran